September 24, 2007

Middle Aged

Are you middle aged?

I read in the newspaper yesterday that the median age (half the population is higher and half is lower) of all people in the world is 25. At 37, I'm 12 years beyond the average global population age. No wonder I'm getting fat and creaky!

If that median age surprises you, keep in mind that disease and war claim many lives prematurely in some African, Middle East, and Pacific Rim nations. If you take away some of these countries, the median age increases.

How about the United States? The same article said the median age in our nation is 37. So, as I already suspected, I am incredibly average.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are anything but average, my dear. I could go on but I don't want to embarrass you!

Your wife

Anonymous said...

"So, as I already suspected, I am incredibly average."

While I, on the other, am incredibly above average!

Anonymous said...

I remember my parents making the startling discovery that the Hagermans are closer to me than them in age…

-----Ben M.