February 22, 2008

Ch Ch Changes

Wow, it's been more than a month since my last post. Looking backwards, there are a lot of topics I could have shared my thoughts on. But the truth is I've been busy, and frustrated by my computer.

A year ago I purchased a used computer through Ebay, a Dell Inspiron 9100. Near as I can tell it was a couple of years old at time of purchase. It's a laptop, but almost as heavy as a desktop. I've been really pleased with it until a couple of months ago. This particular model has both a mousepad (which I use often) and a little rubber pointing stick (which I never use). The pointing stick began to fail -- it has a mind of its own and wanders off when I create vibration on the computer's keyboard. Once it wanders it doesn't come back, and I have to pound on the keyboard to reactivite it. Argh!

My solution came in the form of a wireless keyboard/mouse combination I purchased at Staples this week for $14.98 -- a steal. Seems to be a good workaround, especially since I use the laptop primarily as a desktop replacement.

But besides the computer issue, I have been super busy with the big change coming in my life -- a new job. For the last (nearly) six years I have been an agent with New York Life -- a life insurance salesperson. I recently had an opportunity to interview for a NYL management position in Cedar Rapids that gives me the responsibility of training and teaching other agents, and two weeks ago, accepted the job. My start date is March 3. I have been busy completing some responsibilities of my current job, and learning the ropes of the new one. In addition, doing some project work for our church. Whew, it's been a handful. But, it's all good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know were we'd be without wireless mice for laptops. Don't worry too much about not posting for a while; it’s a great way to weed out the flitting, lukewarm, casual readers. Now you’ve got the crème de la crème!

Congrats on the promotion!