December 20, 2007

Generous Offers

Since this is the season for gift-giving and tremendous shopping offers, I scanned through my "spam" e-mail this morning to see what unbelievable deals might be available to me. I was astonished that I could take advantage of any of the following offers:
  • 60 percent off vehicle warranties! (Never mind that both of my cars are more than 10 years old)
  • Fast and easy term life with no medical exam! (I am an insurance agent and already well-insured)
  • Make $1,000 in 48 hours with no product and no money! (What more can be said about that?)
  • Law enforcement professionals are needed in my area and scholarships are waiting! (Ironic, since the Cedar Rapids police department recently went through a round of layoffs)
  • Drop 20 pounds in two weeks! (Oh, if it were only so)
  • Someone has sent me a Christmas gift card! (Wonder who the "someone" is?)
  • Final attempt: confirm your e-mail address for K-Mart shipment! (I haven't shopped at K-Mart for years. Remember what Rainman said about K-Mart ...)
  • Want the best free laptop in the world? (I'll bet that's a great machine)
  • Wanna see my pics? (One of many offers to meet and/or see someone or something that I don't want to meet or see)
  • Buy phentermine online without a prescription! (What is phentermine?)
  • Blackjack tournament needs a high roller! (Uh, high roller has never been a phrase attached to me)
  • Final attempt: confirm your e-mail address for K-Mart shipment! (I thought I had already received my final attempt???)
  • Get $1,500 in your bank account in one hour! (Wonder how that happens?)
  • Win Whoppers and free fries! (That would be a reason to respond to the "lose 20 pounds in two weeks" e-mail)
  • Say no to drugs! (How refreshing, as 28 offers are asking me to say "yes" to drugs)
  • Final attempt: confirm your e-mail address for K-Mart shipment! (Third time is a charm)
Of course, I never open any of these spam e-mails, and rarely look through them. My account separates them out (thankfully) into a separate inbox.

Well, if you're looking for just the right gift between now and the 25th, let me know and I'll set you up with any of these fine opportunities.

No comments: