October 10, 2007

Huckabee Comes Out on Top

Several weeks ago I wrote about a poll I took online that suggested Republican John Cox is the man I should throw my support behind in the '08 presidential run. Never mind that I have never heard of John Cox.

USA Today had another poll out this morning. My results were different this time, probably because the questions were different. In this poll, you are asked to respond to specific policy questions that have been posed to the candidates. For example, "Should the United States have invaded Iraq and deposed Saddam Hussein? "What should happen to illegal immigrants already in the United States?" What should the government do about same-sex couples that want to get married?""What would be the best way to improve the federal income tax system?" There are 11 total questions covering seven subject matters.

My top three matches, in order, were Mike Hukabee (R), Mitt Romney (R), and Tom Tancredo (R). They were separated from the rest of the Republican pack. My bottom three matches (from lowest to highest) were John Edwards (D), Joe Biden (D), and Barack Obama (D). My highest Dem was Hillary Clinton, but her match was below every Republican.

This poll once again affirms my Republican leanings. Huckabee and I answered seven of the 11 questions the same way. John Edwards and I agreed on none.

I have e-mailed the Huckabee campaign to see what his Eastern Iowa campaign schedule is. No reply to that question yet, but I was solicited for a campaign contribution. Go figure.

No comments: